Our Refund Policy
Sing-Guarantee Refund Policy to be read with the Terms and Conditions
- To the extent that there is any inconsistency between this Refund Policy and the Terms and Conditions of the Certificate of Guarantee (“T&Cs”), the latter shall prevail.
- Sing-Guarantee has a policy that outlines the circumstances in which services fees payable by the tenant under clauses 9-11 of the T&Cs may be refunded:
- For avoidance of doubt, this Refund Policy does not affect the situation covered by clause 10 of the T&Cs which states that if the registration by the tenant(s) is not accepted by Sing-Guarantee, it will reimburse the upfront, initial service fee free from interest to the tenant(s);
- For avoidance of doubt, under no circumstances shall, any administrative amount of administrative cost incurred and payable under clause 15 or 31 of the T&Cs, be refunded in whole or in part;
- For the avoidance of doubt, this Refund Notice shall not affect the operation of clause 34 of the T&Cs, in relation to the tenant(s)’ obligation to reimburse Sing-Guarantee for the annual service fee; and
- For the avoidance of doubt, where there has been any call on the Certificate of Guarantee under the T&Cs, regardless of whether such call has been answered/paid, no refund shall be claimable or payable under this Refund Policy.
- Subject to all of the above-mentioned:
- Where tenant(s) pay an upfront, initial service fee under clause 9 of the T&Cs and the entry by the tenant(s) and landlord(s) into the Lease Agreement between them as defined in the T&Cs (and in respect of which Sing-Guarantee has issued a Certificate of Guarantee in accordance with the T&Cs) is terminated for any lawful basis within 15 calendar days of such entry, Sing-Guarantee shall refund the initial service fee to the tenant(s) in entirety, PROVIDED:
- the tenant(s) provide evidence of the termination in writing; and
- the tenant(s) and landlord(s) comply with clause 18(a) of the T&Cs fully within 20 calendar days (i.e., a further 5 calendar days) of the entry into the Lease Agreement.
- Where tenant pays an annual service fee under clause 11 of the T&Cs and the Certificate of Guarantee is cancelled by the tenant(s) and landlord(s) under clause 18(a) of the T&Cs before 30 June of that calendar year (for which the annual service fee has been paid), Sing-Guarantee shall refund the annual service fee to the tenant(s) on a pro-rated basis, PROVIDED:
- the tenant(s) and landlord(s) comply with the requirements set out in clause 18(a) of the T&Cs.
- All refunds by Sing-Guarantee under this Refund Policy shall be made via bank transfer to a bank account maintained in the personal name any of the tenant(s) only, provided all the conditions for refund as set out above have been satisfied.